Respect the Shooter | @ArrogantWatcher
Kadeem Cobham, professionally known as Arrogant Watcher, is a prolific Florida-based photographer making waves for his ability to capture the essence of his subjects. Cohbam's eye has taken him from relative unknown to on the speed dial of anyone who had the pleasure of working with him earlier in his career before brands like Bacardi, Roc Nation, Revolt and Interscope started taking up his time.
Kadeem sat down with us to discuss his motivations, inspirations, and what's next in his career as a #VisionaryCreative.
1. Tell us a little about yourself?
I'm Kadeem Cobham from The Space Coast. 27 years of age and a huge fan of seafood, discovering new music and going thrift shopping. Alot of my time is spent taking photos of the music, portrait and lifestyle variety and using said photos to feel good about what I create.
2. How did you get started as a creative?
I've found my creativity at a young age when I would write stories and create books all from what goes on in my head: basketball and girls. As time went on my creativity evolved into visuals and wanting to get into photography at a young age. The most I've had to shoot with at the time was with a Kodak point and shoot that I took with me everywhere. Time went on, relationships were had and life was changed.
3. What and/or who are your influences?
A lot of work's influence is derived from Nicholas Winding Refn, Hype Williams, Fred Stein, Timothy McGurr and Johnathon Mannion.
4. Who was your favorite client to work with in 2018?
Shoutouts to Bacardi Fam.
5. What are your plans for this year since you set the bar so high last year?
Continue putting myself in places and in front of people because I've put in the work to do so. To be in a space where my work can truly shine.
6. Who are some of your dream brands to work with that you haven't had a chance to work with yet?
I dream to work on my own campaign with NIKE Sportswear and to be within the circle of Dreamville.
7. If you had to do anything other than what you're doing now, where would it be?
8. What's in your playlist right now?
About 1600 songs all ranging from 2chainz to Your Old Droogs.
9. What's the biggest L you took in 2018 and how did it better prepare you for this year?
Getting my car repossessed which prepared me to never go through that again and get more bags.
10. What's a word of advice you would give to younger creatives just starting out and wanting to work with larger brands?
Focus on your growth and enjoy its process. As you continue with this process, network and staying focused, brands will find you organically.
View some of Arrogant Watcher's photos below: